MADISON, MS 39110
1st SHIFT POSITION
Provide the necessary Engineering Support Intern Engineering skills and leadership to the
Engineering and Operations departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality,
productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an entry level position, which represents the attainment of basic engineering concepts
within professional discipline. Ability to apply knowledge to basic situations. Colleague must
perform independently when required and use practical knowledge to guide actions.
Colleague must possess the ability to be mentored by more experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company s mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
- Lead projects and assist skilled trades in electrical disciplines.
- Generate wiring schematics, plant layouts and control drawings with AutoCAD
- Work closely with engineering team in various support capacities
- Assist with engineering changes when required
- Participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports,
department meetings, etc.)
- Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing
daily work activities.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of
personal protective equipment (PPE) by the work team.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague
Handbook, Level II Procedures etc.)
Reports directly to the Engineering Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations,
Materials, Tool and Die, and Quality. Interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, IT,
Purchasing, Accounting, Maintenance and corporate Engineering.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Some college experience in Industrial Engineering/Management
- Developing " hands on" technical writing aptitude
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Understanding electrical/controls circuitry and schematics.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. May be
required to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Please send a resume to email@example.com