1. Is briefed by the Department Technician on the daily production objectives for scheduling jobs, addressing quality issues, workforce issues or training, and scheduled routine maintenance/repairs.
2. Responsible for attending any training initiated by the Supervisor, Management, Safety Coordinator, and/or HR. This includes Synchronous Flow Training and all Food Product Safety training and adherence, including HACCP and pre-requisites if applicable (GMPs SOP, Make-Ready Checklist, CCPs, Allergen Awareness, Food Defense, and contaminants such as wood, metal, and glass.)
3. Responsible for housekeeping in your assigned production area for your assigned shift.
4. Assist the Department Technician to enforce and maintain quality control standards for product manufactured on our machine on your shift according to the SOPs of the company and customer specifications.
5. Responsible for not letting any product get to the next process (cutting) or shift that has been marked for inspection or rejected.
6. Inspect sheets before production run (on the aerator) periodically for defects in caliper and coating, etc. And notifies the Department Technician of any issues.
7. Assists the Department Technician in the make-ready, operation, and cleaning of the printing press.
8. Examine job jacket to determine quantities to be printed and material specifications according to the customer specifications found in the job jacket before the production run and during an existing run at the beginning of your shift.
9. Pull loads of sheeted paperboard to press using a hand truck or forklift.
10. When applicable use aerator on sheets before restacking to a press pallet.
11. Push stacks of paperboard into the feed with a hand truck.
12. Start the feed, raise and lower loads, and make adjustments using buttons, cranks, slides, knobs, etc.
13. Assists the Technician to rinse rollers, install blankets or wash plates by hand.
14. Assists with the maintenance of press, including greasing and oiling machinery parts.
15. Stacks empty pallets and moves them to the storage area using a hand truck.